Aaron E. Futterman CPA, Esq.
Aaron E. Futterman, CPA, Esq. along with his partner Ronald Lanza established the Law Firm of Futterman, Lanza & Pasculli, LLP (formerly Futterman & Lanza). Prior to this law firm, Aaron Futterman worked for several years at a premier Long Island Elder Law and Estate Planning firm.
After serving as an attorney for over 20 years, Aaron has gained legal and tax experience over the course of his career helping him to better serve his clients. He has advised many individuals and families to plan for their future while alleviating the fears, anxieties, and concerns many families experience when facing the unknown or inevitable.
Aaron's work experience as a Certified Public Accountant with two of the world's largest public accounting firms enhances his ability to resolve the complex legal issues that arise in his Estate Planning, Tax, and Elder Law practice.
Aaron Futterman presents frequently and enjoys educating people on elder law, estate planning, Medicaid planning and how people can best protect their assets. He is often asked to present to accountants, attorneys, social workers and other mental health professionals, other professional groups in assisted living facilities, rehabilitation centers, nursing homes, hospitals, and senior community groups.
The partners of the firm are active in the National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys, the New York State Bar Association Elder Law Section, Suffolk County Bar Association Elder Law Committee, and the Florida Bar Association Elder Law Section.
Aaron primarily works in the Smithtown office while visiting the Garden City and Bay Shore offices on a regular basis.
Areas Of Practice
- Estate Planning
- Elder Law
- Medicaid Planning
- Medicaid Applications
- Special Needs Planning
- New York, 1999
- Hofstra University School of Law, Hempstead, New York
- Adelphi University, Certified Public Accountant in 1995
Honors and Awards
- Herald “Top Lawyers of Long Island” award, 2021
- Bethpage “Best of Long Island” in Best Lawyer category, 2021
- Long Island Business Law “Leader in the Law” The recipients of this honor demonstrate outstanding involvement in their profession, remarkable achievements, along with support of mentoring, and of the community, 2021
Professional Association and Memberships
- New York State Society of CPAs (NYSSCPA)
- American Academy of Attorney-CPAs (AAA-CPA)
- New York State Bar Association
- Suffolk County Bar Association
- Smithtown Chamber of Commerce