The amounts listed below are the 2022 Medicaid Regional Rates, which represent the average cost of a nursing home in each of the seven regions in the State of New York.
These rates are used to calculate transfer penalties that may result from the gifting or transferring of a Medicaid applicant’s assets.
A transfer penalty represents a period of time during which an applicant will not be able to qualify for Medicaid benefits.
- LONG ISLAND: $14,012 (Nassau and Suffolk Counties)
- NEW YORK CITY: $13,415 (Bronx, Kings (Brooklyn), New York (Manhattan), Queens and Richmond (Staten Island))
- NORTH METROPOLITAN: $13,399 (Dutchess, Orange, Putnam, Rockland, Sullivan, Ulster and Westchester)
- CENTRAL: $11,328 (Broome, Cayuga, Chenango, Cortland, Herkimer, Jefferson, Lewis, Madison, Oneida, Onondaga, Oswego, St. Lawrence, Tioga and Tompkins)
- NORTHEASTERN: $12,560 (Albany, Clinton, Columbia, Delaware, Essex, Franklin, Fulton, Greene, Hamilton, Montgomery, Otsego, Rensselaer, Saratoga, Schenectady, Schoharie, Warren and Washington)
- WESTERN: $11,884 (Allegany, Cattaraugus, Chautauqua, Erie, Genesee, Niagara, Orleans and Wyoming)
- ROCHESTER: $13,376 (Chemung, Livingston, Monroe, Ontario, Schuyler, Seneca, Steuben, Wayne and Yates)