Helping You Draft A Living Will
A living will is the best way to ensure that your final wishes regarding end-of-life medical treatment will be carried out, without putting the emotional burden of decisions on your loved ones.
At Futterman, Lanza & Pasculli, LLP, our lawyers and staff provide a full range of services from our main offices in Smithtown and Bay Shore, New York, for families needing assistance with health care documents and living wills on behalf of elderly and infirm loved ones.
Why A Living Will?
A living will is the greatest gift you can give your family, particularly amid their emotions and grief as you near the end of your life. Often referred to as an advance health care directive, nobody can sign a living will on your behalf.
In the event you are incapacitated and unable to speak for yourself, having a living will in place will give your family the comfort of knowing:
- When you want a do not resuscitate order (DNR) to be activated
- The extent of extraordinary medical measures doctors may take
- The reasons and length of time you may be placed on life support
- The types and amount of pain medication you will allow to be administered
- Final wishes regarding the disposition of your remains, upon death
- Other specific details related to your end-of-life health care treatment
Call Today To Schedule A Time To Meet With A Member Of Our Legal Team
When you work with our firm for your elder law needs, you will work directly with an attorney who fully understands living wills and how New York law sees these situations.