Download Our Car Accident Checklist – Keep It On Your Phone Or In Your Glove Box!
If you have been in an car accident, please call our office for help at 631-894-4730. Personal injury attorney Barrie E. Bazarsky has been working with accident victims for over 30 years and works hard to ensure they get compensation for their injuries and property damage.
Steps To Take After A Car Accident
If there are injuries, always call 911 first! But when an car accident happens, people involved are often very stressed. We have prepared this car accident checklist to help you gather the necessary information in order to process your auto accident claim as speedily as possible. You should also report this car accident to your insurance company.
- The date and time of the car accident
- The location of the accident
- The plate number of the other car
- The listed owner of the other car
- The insurance company and policy number
- The name of the driver and the phone number of the driver of the other car
- Use your phone to take pictures of property damage of both cars, as well as their position on the roadway
- List contact information of any witnesses (if possible, ask them to wait for the police)
- Call 911 to have the police come to the scene and prepare an accident The police officer’s evaluation of fault is very important so make sure you speak with the officer, accept the offer to be taken to the hospital if there are injuries
- Get the police report number
You can download the car accident checklist above to save to your phone or print to keep in your car.
If you have been in a car accident and need help, do not hesitate to reach out to us at 631-894-4730 or through the contact form below.